In this article, I will give you 100 of the best battle verses from the Bible. I simply can't stress enough the power that is on these particular verses.
For those of you who have read the entire Old Testament, one of the things that really stands out is how God the Father would not hesitate go into battle for His chosen people, the Jews, when they were walking in good stead with Him.
God the Father was absolutely ferocious in His defense of the Jewish people when the situation would warrant Him coming to their aid. The Bible tells us that God the Father does not change. And if God is the same today as He was in the past - then this means that He will also come to the aid of all New Testament Christians who are walking in good stead with Him.
The best analogy I can give you on this is the family analogy. For those of you who are married and have children - just imagine that you just found out that someone was going to try and abduct and kill one of your children. What do you think your natural response to such a horrible threat would be? You would have a strong righteous wrath rise up on you and you would not hesitate to go into battle to either kill this abductor in self-defense if you had to or arrange to make sure he got caught by the police and properly prosecuted.
I have had mother after mother tell me that they would not hesitate to kill someone like this if they thought their child was going to be killed or seriously injured by such an evil individual.
It is the exact same way with God the Father. God is our real Father, and as such, can you imagine what some of His emotional responses may be when He sees one of His own children come under any type of human or demonic attack?
God the Father is a God of maximum intensity. This means that all of His emotions within His personality are going to be of a maximum intense nature. So if God would have a very strong righteous wrath rise up on Him when seeing any of His own children come under any kind of an evil attack - can you just imagine what the intensity of that righteous wrath would be like?
This is why some of the battles God fought for the Jewish people back in the Old Testament were so bloody and so intense. Some of these battles were the full wrath and anger of God coming into full manifestation to defeat some of Israel's enemies.
Just as God was so ferocious in His defense of the Jewish people back in the Old Testament - God can be just as intense and just as ferocious in His defense of you or any of your loved ones should the need ever arise where you would need His protection. This is why the battle verses I will list in this article are so important for each and every Christian to have full knowledge of.
However, in order to be able to get God's maximum protection on you, there are several things you must do before God will go this far with you. As I have said in my article on "How to Plead the Blood of Jesus for Deliverance and Protection," many of God's children are getting beat to a pulp in the playing field of life.
The main reason for this is that many Christians are lacking real working knowledge in the area of spiritual warfare. God says in His Word that His people will perish for having lack of knowledge - and not having the appropriate and right kind of knowledge in spiritual warfare is what is getting so many of His people beat to a pulp.
Demons and humans who have chosen to live this life on the dark side are constantly on the prowl seeking who they are going to try and devour next. All you have to do is watch the daily news and it is one horror story after another. Robberies, rapes, abductions, murders and thefts are occurring every minute of every day in our country and all across the world. And some of those coming under these types of evil attacks are Christians.
For those of you who really want to learn how to get God to protect you from some of these types of vicious and evil attacks - I would strongly recommend that you read and study the article I did on how to Plead the Blood of Jesus - and then go into our Testimonies section and study some of the testimonies we have written up showing you how to go into battle against some real adverse situations.
The battle advice that we gave to each person in these testimonies brought complete and total victory against the adverse situations they were all facing. Once you have the knowledge on how to get God to move on your behalf in a battle situation - defeating whatever enemy has come your way can then become quite easy, since God is all-powerful and there is nothing that is to impossible for Him to handle - which would include any battle situation you may find yourself having to face.
I would also highly recommend that you write or type out all of these battle verses on index cards in the order that I will give them to you. If you are willing to take this extra step - then you will have right at your fingertips all of the main battle verses of the Bible. As you will see when reviewing some of our testimonies - you will need to incorporate some of these battle verses into your own personal battle prayers when engaging with whatever enemy may have come your way.
A good example of this is the testimony titled "Battle Prayer Against Terminal Hodgkin's Disease." In this testimony, the battle prayer that I had given to this woman came in a little bit longer than some of the other ones. In this battle prayer are quite a few healing and battle verses that were put into the battle prayer itself to go on the offensive against the terminal cancer that had just struck her brother.
This is why I can't stress enough how powerful these battle verses really are. If you are willing to put these battle verses into an index card system - you will then have right at your fingertips "God-torpedoes" to shoot at whatever enemy may come your way - whether it be human, demonic or any kind of illness or disease.
As you will see in some of the battle verses I will list below - there are several verses that talk about God the Father being a "Man of War" and that He can be stirred up to go into battle for you. And the way that you stir up God the Father to go into battle for you is to form out the appropriate battle prayers that will fit the specific battle situation you may be facing.
The other angle on all of this is that more Christians need to learn how to go on the offensive against whatever enemy has come their way. Too many Christians are way too passive when hit by any serious storm clouds.
God and Jesus are just waiting for you to come to Them to take this storm cloud head on operating under Their full power and authority to be able to do so. But if you are not willing to go on the offensive against these storm clouds, then neither will God or Jesus - and this is why so many Christians are getting defeated when these storm clouds do come against them - all due to passive inaction on their part.
Now I will take you into some of the most powerful verses in all of Scripture showing you how God can go into battle for you to defeat whatever enemy may come your way - no matter how big, mean or nasty you think this enemy may be!
Study these verses very, very carefully, as they are all showing you the "war side" to God the Father's personality and how ferociously He can go into battle for you to defeat any enemy that may try and come against you. These are whopper power verses - and I mean whopper power verses!
1. The Full Surrender
The first thing you must be willing to do before you can even begin to get God to protect you and fight some of your personal battles for you is that you have to be willing to fully surrender every part of your life over to God the Father for His direction and handling.
In the Bible Basics section of our site, we have an article titled "The Full Surrender." In this article, I give you all of the main verses from Scripture that will show exactly what this full surrender will entail and exactly how to enter into it with God the Father.
As you will see in this first verse I will list, you have to be fully submitted to the Lord before you can even begin to do battle with Satan, any of his demons, or any human enemy in the natural realm.
Here is the very first verse each Christian must get under their belt before they can even begin to enter into any kind of true spiritual warfare in the Lord. This verse is only one sentence long - but a lot is being said in this one sentence.
This is absolutely the number one foundational verse in which all true spiritual warfare in the Lord will be based on.
Here it is:
"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
Most people skip the first part of this verse and jump right into the second part of it. However, the first part of this verse gives you the secret in which you will be able to engage with the devil.
The first part is to "submit to God." Submitting to God means you are in a full submission with God. To be in a full submission with God means you are in a full surrender with Him.
This lack of a full surrender to the Lord in a believer's life is the main reason why so many of His people are coming under such serious and heavy attacks from demons and the other bad and evil people in this life. It's "your all" for "God's all." If you want God's maximum protection on you and your life - then you will have to be willing to give Him your all. And your all is a full surrender of your body, your soul, your spirit and your entire life over to God the Father.
If you are not willing to fully surrender your all to God the Father - then you simply will not be getting God's full protection on you and your life, and you will thus be subject to various types of storm clouds being able to come against you.
2. Going On the Offensive Against Your Enemies
The second part of this verse then gives you secret #2 to spiritual warfare - and that secret is to "resist the devil." Notice the verse says to first resist the devil, and then he will flee. Resist means you fight, you engage, you take your enemy head on. You don't sit passively by while he continues to attack and beat you down.
If there is one major secret I feel the Lord has given me in the area of spiritual warfare - it is the strategy of going on the offensive against whatever enemy is coming against you.
If you'll notice when reading the stories in our Testimonies section - in each one of these cases we had the person go on the offensive in their battle prayers and take their enemy head on operating under God's power and anointing to be able to do so.
It was only when that person took the initiative and went on the offensive against their enemy did God move in with His healing and deliverance power to set them completely free.
Some of these people had been bound up for quite some time in their predicaments before they were given this battle advice to go on the offensive. Once they went on the offensive - it completely turned the tide for them, and many of these people were set completely free within a day or two! This is how powerful this type of battle strategy is.
The above verse should be committed to memory by all Christians - as it is the number one foundational verse in which all true spiritual warfare in the Lord is based on.
3. Walk in All of God's Ways - Keep All of God's Commandments
As you will see in the next two verses, the second thing you must do after making a full surrender with the Lord is that you have to seek to walk in all of God's way's and keep all of God's commandments.
If you are out cheating on your wife and committing adultery behind her back, then you will not be getting God's full protection on you or His power to help deliver you from any attacks that may be coming against you from your enemies.
This is another main reason why many of God's children are coming under such serious and heavy attacks from the enemy. They have "holes in their hedges" as result of operating in some of the heavier sin areas. If you are operating in any of these heavier sin areas - then you will need to get it all worked out with Lord before you can even begin to step out onto the battlefield to do spiritual battle with your enemies.
Study these next two verses very, very carefully - as the Lord is very serious on the conditions that must be met before He is going to be willing to give you His divine protection from your enemies.
- "If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments, and perform them ... you shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely. I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none will make you afraid; I will rid the land of evil beasts, and the sword will not go through your land. You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you." (Leviticus 26:3)
- "For the Lord your God walks in the midst of your camp, to deliver you and give your enemies over to you; therefore your camp shall be holy, that He may see no unclean thing among you, and turn away from you." (Deuteronomy 23:14)
Notice in the second verse that God will walk in the midst of your camp, which is your life, and He will deliver you and keep your enemies from overtaking you - but only if your camp is "holy." If it is not, then He will turn away from you, and you will then have no protection from your enemies!
The first verse is literally telling you that if you keep all of God's commandments and do them and stay out of any serious sin - then He will give you safe dwelling in your present set of circumstances, and also give you the power and the ability to engage and chase your enemies away from you should they even try and launch an attack against you.
Notice the last part of this verse says that a hundred shall put ten thousand to flight. What I believe God is trying to tell us with this last sentence is that no enemy, no matter how big, will be any match for you as long as you are living under God's wing and protection.
4. God Will Anoint You With His Power To Go Into Battle
If you are operating under a full surrender with God the Father, and walking in all of God's ways and staying out of any serious sins and transgressions against Him - then the next thing you will need to fully realize is that God will now anoint you with His power if you are forced to go into battle with your enemy.
The Bible tells us that we are now all good soldiers of Jesus Christ. Whether we want to face up to it or not, we are all living in a war zone as a result of the curse of Adam and Eve that is still in full operation on this earth. Anyone of us at anytime can come under human or demonic attack. The daily news will prove that to you without any shadow of a doubt.
Each Christian must now make their own personal decision on all of this. You can either choose to learn how to rise up in the power of your Lord and Savior and learn how to become a true warrior in the Lord, or you can continue to keep your head in the sand and let storm cloud after storm cloud keep beating you down. The choice is yours.
The following verses will show you that God can anoint you with His power to defeat any enemy that may come your way - but you first have to be willing to step into that anointing, and then be willing to take your enemy head on before God will release His anointing through you to be able to defeat that enemy.
Again, study these verses very carefully - as they will show you the incredible supernatural power that God can channel through you if you would be willing to step into and walk with His anointing.
- "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)
- "Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases." (Luke 9:1)
- "And He called the twelve to Him, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits ... And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them." (Mark 6: 7,13)
- "And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease." (Matthew 10:1)
- "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give." (Matthew 10:6)
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me," says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
- "Through You we will push down our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us. For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever." (Psalm 44:5)
- "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." (2 Chronicles 16:9)
- "... but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits." (Daniel 11:32)
- "This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord of hosts. (Zechariah 4:6)
- "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." (Acts 1:8)
- "For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit ..." (1 Thessalonians 1:5)
- "For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power." (1 Corinthians 4:20)
- "... in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God ..." (Romans 15:19)
- "Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds." (2 Corinthians 12:12)
- "God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit ..." (Hebrews 2:4)
- "And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen." (Mark 16:20)
- "And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all." (Acts 4:33)
- "But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you ..." (1 John 2:27)
- "But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things." (1 John 2:20)
- "Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles." (Acts 2:43)
- "No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage ..." (Joshua 1:5)
- "Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle - my lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, who subdues my people under me." (Psalm 144:1)
- "For You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord shall enlighten my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop; by my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him." (2 Samuel 22:29)
- "It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on high places. He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze ... I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them; neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed. I have wounded them, so that they were not able to rise; they have fallen under my feet. For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me." (Psalm 18:32,37)
I believe all of these verses mean exactly what they are saying. God can anoint you with His supernatural power to defeat any enemy that may come your way - but only if you are willing to step into it and not be afraid to directly engage with whatever storm cloud is getting ready to come your way.
Notice the first verse tells you that you can have God's power and authority to trample over "all" the power of the enemy - not just against some or part of his power. This means you can have God's anointing and power operating in your life to come out completely victorious against any storm cloud that may attempt to come against you.
5. God Will Give You His Strength, Boldness and Courage to Walk With His Anointing
All of the above Scripture verses are definitely telling you that God can anoint you with His power whenever that power is going to be needed to take on any kind of nasty storm cloud. However, there is one more thing that you are going to need before God will release His power through you. And that one more thing is the mental strength, courage and boldness to step out with His power to use it to directly engage with your enemy.
If you are not willing to step out and flow and operate with God's anointing for whatever you are going to need it for - then absolutely nothing is going to happen. If you are not willing to speak out to any demons that may be trying to attack you - then God's power will not come into the situation to blow them out of there, and they will thus stay right where they are at continuing to attack and torment you.
As you will see when reading some of our own personal testimonies - nothing was happening in all of these adverse situations until that person was ready and willing to step out of his boat with some mental confidence, courage and boldness to face and take their enemies head on.
Per the testimony titled "Suicide Attack #2" - the mother of the girl involved in this testimony was always afraid of this part of the walk - but she found herself with no other alternative but to go into the gap for her daughter to take the demons head on who were trying to get her daughter to kill herself. Once she was willing to summon up enough courage and faith in God to go into this kind of battle - God anointed her with His power and she got the job done with a complete victory!
However, had she not had enough courage and faith to step into the gap for her daughter - nothing would have happened and her daughter could have ended up taking her own life.
The Scripture verses I will list in this caption will all tell you that God can also give you His strength, His courage, His boldness and His confidence to face any storm cloud that may be getting ready to come your way.
Again, study these verses very carefully, as they could make the difference between life and death depending on the seriousness of the adverse situation you may be forced to deal with.
- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
- "The Lord is my strength and my shield ..." (Psalm 28:7)
- "In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul." (Psalm 138:3)
- "O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places. The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people." (Psalm 68:35)
- "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength." (Isaiah 40:29)
- "For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught." (Proverbs 3:26)
- "Yet the righteous will hold to his way, and he who has clean hands will be stronger and stronger." (Job 17:9)
- "They shall walk after the Lord. He will roar like a lion. When He roars, then His sons shall come trembling from the west ..." (Hosea 11:10)
- "If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small." (Proverbs 24:10)
Notice the very last verse is telling you that if you faint in the day of any kind of adversity, that your strength will be considered small in the eyes of God.
In other words, God is telling you that He does not want to be a wimp - and He is expecting each and every one of us to learn how to war against any adverse situations that could come our way operating under His authority, power and anointing to be able to do so. This is why we are all called to be soldiers of Jesus Christ, not just a select few.
6. God Will Run Protection For You
Sometimes God will want you to go into the battle - and then He will fight the battle through you to defeat your enemy. However, there will be other times where you will have to do absolutely nothing. God will run protection for you so that no attacks will ever come your way. God will act as a shield and fortress for you. As you will see in the following Scripture verses, God will be:
- Your Hedge
- Your Refuge
- Your Fortress
- Your Deliverer
- Your Defense
- Your Front and Rear Guard
- Your Stronghold
- Your Strength
- Your Rock
- Your Savior
- Your Light
These verses in particular are extremely powerful, and I mean extremely powerful! These are the types of verses you will need to ground on in your walk with the Lord. These are the types of verses that can keep a lot of unnecessary attacks from ever coming your way in the first place. Quote these verses back to God the Father in your prayer life with Him. Tell Him that you will stand on the promises of these verses with full faith and belief.
If and when any storm cloud gets ready to come your way - pull these verses out, and go into prayer with the Lord telling Him that you are now going to stand on the wording of these verses, and that you will have full faith and belief that He will run protection for you against whatever may be getting ready to come your way.
Give yourself pep talks if need be, telling yourself that God is going to protect you - no matter how hopeless the situation may look and appear to you in the natural. Load your mind and spirit up with the wording of these verses and set your face like flint against your storm cloud - having full faith and belief that God will protect you and deliver you from whatever is getting ready to come your way.
Again, it would be my strong recommendation that you either write or type all of these verses on index cards so you can have them right at your fingertips should you ever need them for an emergency situation. These verses have the full power and the full anointing of God Almighty Himself on them.
- "Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side?" (Job 1:10)
- "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in Him I will trust, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my Savior, You save me from violence." (2 Samuel 22:2)
- "Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved." (Psalm 62:1)
- "But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one." (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He guards all of his bones; not one of them is broken." (Psalm 34:19)
- "And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom." (2 Timothy 4:18)
- "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies." (Psalm 18:2)
- "But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him." (Psalm 37:39)
- "I will lift up my eyes to the hills - from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore." (Psalm 121:1)
- "... Deliver me speedily; be my rock of refuge, a fortress of defense to save me. For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name's sake, lead me and guide me. Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me, for You are my strength. Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth." (Psalm 31:2)
- "Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues." (Psalm 31:19)
- "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this I will be confident." (Psalm 27:1)
- "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is for me among those who help me; therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes. All nations surrounded me, but in the name of the Lord I will destroy them." (Psalm 118:6)
- "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea ... God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn." (Psalm 46:1,5)
- "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? ... In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Psalm 56: 3,11)
- "When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people, He permitted no one to do them wrong; Yes, He reproved kings for their sakes, saying "Do not touch my anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm." (Psalm 105:13)
- "Give us help from trouble, for vain is the help of man. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies." (Psalm 60:11)
- "For the Lord God will help me; therefore I will not be disgraced; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed. He is near who justifies me; who will contend with me? Let us stand together. Who is my adversary? Let him come near me. Surely the Lord God will help me; who is he who will condemn me? Indeed they will all grow old like a garment; the moth will eat them up." (Isaiah 50:7)
- "Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever." (Psalm 125:1)
- "Oh, bless our God, you peoples! And make the voice of His praise to be heard, who keeps your soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved." (Psalm 66:8)
- "Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you." (Isaiah 46:4)
- "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust. Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feather, and under His wings you shall take refugee; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your habitation, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample. Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation." (Psalm 91:1-16)
If you will read each one of these verses one after another - you will really feel the power on these verses when you string them all of them together. All of these verses show us, without any shadow of a doubt, how protective God can get with His own. However, as the last verse points out - this protection will only be given to those who have established a true personal relationship with the Lord.
7. God Will Go Before You To Fight Your Battles
Sometimes God will simply run a protective shield around you where nothing can get through to attack you. Other times something will start to slip through to come directly against you - and then God will move ahead of you to take it out. This is where God will literally take your enemy head on and do battle with it.
Sometimes God will fight the actual battle through you - other times He will simply tell you to hold your ground and position and do absolutely nothing - and then He will move Himself to completely take out the attack coming against you. This is where God shows you how powerful and how awesome He really is when He moves into battle to personally protect you.
Again, these next set of verses are extremely powerful as all of the other ones listed above. Notice the very intense language God is using when these verses describe Him moving into actual battle for you.
These first two verses are whopper power verses. These first two verses are specifically telling us that God can be a Man of War if He needs to be and that He can actually be stirred up to go into battle for you if He has to.
- "The Lord is a man of war; the Lord is His name ... Your Right Hand, O Lord, has become glorious in power; Your right hand, O Lord, has dashed the enemy in pieces. And in the greatness of Your excellence you have overthrown those who rose against You; You sent forth Your wrath which consumed them like stubble." (Exodus 15:3,6)
- "The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies." (Isaiah 42:13)
- "I will go before you and make the crooked paths straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron." (Isaiah 45:2)
- "For you shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight; for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard." (Isaiah 52:12)
- "Therefore understand today the Lord your God is He who goes before you as a consuming fire. He will destroy them and bring them down before you; so you shall drive them out and destroy them quickly, as the Lord has said to you." (Deuteronomy 9:3)
- "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." (Exodus 14:14)
- "Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid nor dismayed before the king of Assyria, nor before all the multitude that is with him; for there are more with us than with him. With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God, to help us and to fight our battles." (2 Chronicles 32:7)
- "... For I will contend with him who contends with you." (Isaiah 49:25)
- "... since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you ..." (2 Thessalonians 1:6)
- "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, 'Destroy!' " (Deuteronomy 33:27)
- Do not say, "I will recompense evil;" Wait for the Lord, and He will save you." (Proverbs 20:22)
- "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you ..." (Genesis 12:3)
- "Many a time they have afflicted me from my youth; yet they have not prevailed against me ... The Lord is righteous; He has cut in pieces the cords of the wicked." (Psalm 129:2)
- "It is God who avenges me, and subdues the peoples under me; He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man." (Psalm 18:47)
- "Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for my help. Also draw out the spear, and stop those who pursue me. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." (Psalm 35:1)
- "When my enemies turn back, they shall fall and perish at your presence. For You have maintained my right and my cause; You sat on the throne judging in righteousness." (Psalm 9:3)
- "Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 1:8)
- "God is a just judge, and God is angry with the wicked every day. If He does not turn back, He will sharpen His sword; He bends His bow and makes it ready. He also prepares for Himself instruments of death; He makes His arrows into fiery shafts." (Psalm 7:11)
- "He will guard the feet of His saints, but the wicked shall be silent in darkness. For by strength no man shall prevail. The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken in pieces; from heaven He will thunder against them. The Lord will judge the ends of the earth. He will give strength to His king, and exalt the horn of His anointed. (1 Samuel 2:9)
- "... For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You ... Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel ... thus says the Lord to you: 'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's ... You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!" Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you." (2 Chronicles 20:12-17)
- "Behold, all those who were incensed against you shall be ashamed and disgraced; they shall be as nothing, and those who strive with you shall perish. You shall seek them and not find them - those who contend with you. Those who war against you shall be as nothing, as a nonexistent thing. For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.' " (Isaiah 41:11)
- "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him." (Isaiah 59:19)
- "Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand." (Psalm 20:6)
- "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and You right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me ..." (Psalm 138:7)
- "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you." (Isaiah 43:2)
- "For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, nor did their arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them." (Psalm 44:3)
- "You marched through the land in indignation; You trampled the nations in anger. You went forth for the salvation of Your people, for salvation with Your anointed. You struck the head from the house of the wicked." (Habakkuk 3:12)
- "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles." (Psalm 34:17)
- "And I commanded Joshua at that time, saying, 'Your eyes have seen all that the Lord Your God has done to these two kings; so will the Lord do to all the kingdoms through which you pass. You must not fear them, for the Lord your God Himself fights for you.' " (Deuteronomy 3:21)
Really meditate and chew on these verses so they can get down deep into your mind and spirit. Believe what they are telling you. Our God is an awesome and powerful God - especially when you see Him go into battle to protect one of His own.
8. Battle Angels
Sometimes God will take up the battle for you and take your enemy head on all by Himself. Other times He will use His battle angels. Several people I know have had several visions of these battle angels. All of them have said they have literally seen swords by their sides. One of them said the actual blade is solid light - the light of God.
Below are a few good Scripture verses that specifically talk about these battle angels. One of the verses mentioned below literally talks about the sword that is seen on one of these battle angels. St. Michael the archangel is a battle angel.
These battle angels are extremely powerful and highly anointed by God the Father Himself. Several of these verses will show you how these battle angels can literally go into actual battle for you - and sometimes they will literally kill your enemy if God wants them to go that far with it.
- "The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them." (Psalm 34:7)
- "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
- "And let the angel of the Lord chase him ... And let the angel of the Lord pursue them ... Let the destruction come upon him unexpectedly." (Psalm 35:5-8)
- "Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared." (Exodus 23:20)
- "Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14)
- "Then the Lord commanded the angel, and he returned his sword to its sheath ... but David could not go before it to inquire of God, for he was afraid of the sword of the angel of the Lord." (1 Chronicles 21:27, 29)
- "And it came to pass on a certain night that the angel of the Lord went out, and killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand; and when the people arose early in the morning, there were the corpses - all dead." (2 Kings 19:35)
- "Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died." (Acts 12:23)
- "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some have unwittingly entertained angels." (Hebrews 13:2)
The last verse shows that sometimes angels can literally appear to you as a normal human being, usually for the purpose of helping you out with something. There are countless testimonies from people who have been helped out by angels in a moment of crisis - and then all of sudden they are gone as quick as they came.
9. Stay Humble in Your Battle Walk With the Lord
I'll end this article with two very good verses showing us that even though God can come to our aid in very powerful and miraculous ways to defeat our enemies - He still wants all of us to remain humble with all of this, and He still wants all of us treating our enemies with love, respect and kindness.
- "Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; lest the Lord see it, and it displeases Him, and He turn away His wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:17)
- "If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; for so you will heap coals of fire on his head, and the Lord will reward you." (Proverbs 25:21)
Notice the first verse is telling us not to rejoice and be happy when God does have to move into battle to defeat our enemies. The reason for this is because your enemy has now been placed under judgment with God, and God is now deeming that some kind of appropriate action has to be taken. This is actually a very sad state of affairs when God is forced to have to render judgment on someone and then is forced to move into action to either take them out or knock them severely off course.
This is why God does not want us rejoicing when He does have to go this far with someone. The best analogy to understand this principle is with our criminal justice system. Even though everyone is glad and relieved when a murderer is caught and sent to prison for the rest of his life - the sad part about all of this is the fact that the murderer has chosen with his own free will to live his life on the dark side and that he will go straight to hell when he dies - unless he gets saved and gets his sins forgiven with Jesus before he dies.
The Bible tells us that murderers will not be inheriting the kingdom of God unless they get saved and washed clean under the Blood of Jesus. If they do not, then it is very sad thing knowing what awaits them on the other side once they die and cross over. I think this is why God wants us to treat even our worst enemies with love, respect and kindness.
All of the above Scripture verses will give you more than enough live ammunition should you ever need them to face any enemy or storm cloud head on. You can also use many of these battle verses in conjunction with the healing verses of the Bible when you are needing a healing on something.
All sickness and disease is also our enemy, and as such, you can ask God to move into battle for you against any sickness or disease that is attempting to come against you as we have shown you in the Testimonies Section of our website.
Just pick out the appropriate battle and/or healing verses for whatever enemy you are attempting to engage with - then form out your own personal battle prayer with God the Father - and then go on the offensive against that enemy if you have a solid green light from the Lord to take that enemy head on.
Our God is a powerful Man of War - and He can be stirred up to go into battle for either you or any of your close loved ones if your enemy will not retreat or back down.